asterixdb-dev mailing list archives

From abdullah alamoudi <bamou...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: First Apache incubating release - blockers?
Date Fri, 14 Aug 2015 03:48:00 GMT
Ildar,
I remember that I had an issue with the secondary indexes of Metadata when
I enabled the prefix search for our indexes. I believe with the current
structure of the secondary indexes, they are unusable in a typical query
execution job and so I disabled secondary index access for Metadata indexes.

I think we should stick to that at the moment at least. I also believe that
the point of the secondary indexes for Metadata is to validate ddl
operations and not to be used for dataset access within Hyracks.

Cheers,
Abdullah.

--
Amoudi, Abdullah.