asterixdb-dev mailing list archives

From abdullah alamoudi <bamou...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: The solution to the sporadic connection refused exceptions
Date Tue, 25 Aug 2015 06:18:17 GMT
Thanks Raman,
I already figured that out. I am currently looking into synchronization
(Even though I don't need it right now) but it can definitely become handy
in future tasks.

Cheers,
Abdullah.

P.S
Using ZooKeeper seems the cleaner/easier approach. Thanks for bringing this
up :-)

On Tue, Aug 25, 2015 at 9:06 AM, Raman Grover <ramangrover29@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Abdullah, Zookeeper allows setting up a  "watch" on any node (recall that
> internally zookeeper maintains info as a tree of nodes, called znodes).
> Check out the zookeeper API here
> <
> http://zookeeper.apache.org/doc/trunk/zookeeperProgrammers.html#ch_zkWatches
> >.
> Watch nodes are a common mechanism for notifying changes to information
> stored within a node, creation/deletion of a child under the node or
> deletion of node.
> One can attach listeners and be notified.
>

> Regards,
> Raman
>
> On Mon, Aug 24, 2015 at 9:47 PM, abdullah alamoudi <bamousaa@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > @Raman,
> > I will look into doing it with Zookeeper.
> >
> > Is there a way to notify Managix once the cluster state has been updated
> in
> > Zookeeper? or would Managix have to poll and check the state?
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Abdullah.
> >
> > On Tue, Aug 25, 2015 at 3:28 AM, Raman Grover <ramangrover29@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Well, the state of an instance (and metadata including configuration)
> is
> > > kept in Zookeeper instance that is accessible to Managix and CC. CC
> > should
> > > be able to set the state of the cluster in Zookeeper under the right
> > znode
> > > which can viewed by Managix.
> > >
> > > There exists a communication channel for CC and Managix to share
> > > information on state etc. I am not sure if we need another channel such
> > as
> > > RMI between Managix and CC.
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > > Raman
> > >

> > > On Mon, Aug 24, 2015 at 12:58 PM, abdullah alamoudi <
> bamousaa@gmail.com>

> What
> > basically
> > only,