asterixdb-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Maxon <ima...@uci.edu>
Subject Re: Release status - particularly feeds
Date Sat, 29 Aug 2015 03:03:44 GMT
What's in master (in the docs) seems to work OK, but that's just
connecting a source to a dataset directly. There's some issue with
printing some tweets (e.g. for $x in dataset Tweets return $x) that
contain special characters, but I'm not sure where that comes from.
However I haven't had much luck getting the secondary feeds/functions
to work. The original documentation seemed to refer to a function that
was renamed/moved, but the renamed function (addHashTags) didn't work
right for me either ( in https://asterix-gerrit.ics.uci.edu/#/c/359/).

If there was a function (that will work reliably) we could use to
create a secondary feed that's already in the code, I think that would
let us include that feature in the docs. Without that though, I don't
know what else can be done besides leaving it hidden for the immediate
future.

- Ian