asterixdb-dev mailing list archives

From Ildar Absalyamov <ildar.absalya...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: First Apache incubating release - blockers?
Date Fri, 14 Aug 2015 05:59:37 GMT
@Abdullah,
OK, now I see that change. IMHO this is a hack, but I will adopt that approach that as well
to submit the code review. However this issue really needs to be addressed.

Side question, when you introduced external indexes you have added a field “ExternalDetails”
(which in turn is a nested record) into “Datatype" record type definition in addition to
existing “InternalDetails” field (BTW I believe either of the fields exists at a particular
point in time, maybe be can use UNION for them?). However both of them have nested field “GroupName”,
which is used by one of the secondary metadata indexes. Is that the same GroupName in both
cases? If yes, can we move this field 1 level up from {External\Internal}Details to avoid
duplication?

Best regards,
Ildar