asterixdb-dev mailing list archives

From asteri...@googlecode.com
Subject Re: Issue 934 in asterixdb: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space when creating an n-gram index
Date Wed, 12 Aug 2015 03:24:13 GMT

Comment #4 on issue 934 by jianfeng...@gmail.com:
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space when creating an n-gram index
https://code.google.com/p/asterixdb/issues/detail?id=934

Yes, it makes sense if the `sortmemory` is 320MB. I guess your tuple is
also very small, then the size of the pointer array is not neglectable. It
will be a very tricky problems if we want to calculate the memory
consumption very precisely, though it is a separate issue.

You can try to lower the `sortmemory` to 120MB or smaller to trigger the
2nd round ExternalSort.