asterixdb-dev mailing list archives

From asteri...@googlecode.com
Subject Re: Issue 922 in asterixdb: OOM during creating ngram index
Date Tue, 11 Aug 2015 05:23:36 GMT

Comment #12 on issue 922 by ima...@uci.edu: OOM during creating ngram index
https://code.google.com/p/asterixdb/issues/detail?id=922

So <1024 is probably a reasonable lower default bound for threads. We
should also probably lower our current default allowance on open file
handles, as again <1024 looks like a normal limit for a user. There's a
question though of how much below 1024 we should go (i.e. how many other
resources should we expect might be used by that user)