asterixdb-dev mailing list archives

From asteri...@googlecode.com
Subject Issue 929 in asterixdb: Feeds tutorial is outdated or doesn't work
Date Tue, 11 Aug 2015 19:22:16 GMT
Owner: ----
Labels: Type-Defect Priority-Medium

New issue 929 by ima...@uci.edu: Feeds tutorial is outdated or doesn't work
https://code.google.com/p/asterixdb/issues/detail?id=929

I can't seem to create a vanilla feed, using the push-based twitter
adapter, as is in the new tutorial in the docs.

I create the feed using the specified syntax

      create feed TwitterFeed if not exists using "push_twitter"
     (("type-name"="Tweet"),("location"="US"));

And a dataset that is of the right type

     create dataset Tweets(Tweet) primary key id;

But trying to connect it fails

     connect feed TwitterFeed to dataset Tweets;

With this error, which doesn't really make a lot of sense considering this
adapter is baked in

     unable to create adapter java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: push_twitter
[AlgebricksException]

And what is more bewildering, is that if I drop, create, and reconect the
feed- it doesn't throw an exception any longer, but it doesn't actually
work either. All that appears in the logs is this:

Aug 11, 2015 12:20:34 PM edu.uci.ics.asterix.aql.translator.AqlTranslator
getFeedConnectionRequest
INFO: Feed joint feeds.TwitterFeed: [SOURCE_FEED_INTAKE_STAGE][CREATED] is
available! need not apply any further computation