asterixdb-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Maxon <ima...@uci.edu>
Subject Tasks remaining for release
Date Fri, 03 Jul 2015 01:42:03 GMT
Hi all,

We are close to having a release ready, but there's a few things left
on the checklist before we can cut the first Apache release. I think
most things on this list are underway, but I'll put them here just for
reference/visibility. Comments and thoughts are welcomed.

- Build stability after merging YARN and Feeds seems to have seriously
declined. It's hard to get a build to go through to the end without
going OOM at all now honestly, so this is a Problem. I think it may be
related to Feeds, but even after disabling the tests
(https://asterix-gerrit.ics.uci.edu/#/c/312/), I still see it.
Therefore I am not precisely sure what is going on, but it only
started to happen after we merged those two features. It's not exactly
obvious to me where the memory leak is coming from. @Raman, it would
be great to get your advice/thoughts on this.

- Metadata name changes and Metadata caching consistency fixes are
underway by Ildar.

- The repackaging and license checker patches still need to be merged
in, but this should happen after the above two features are merged.
They are otherwise ready for review though.

- Now that Feeds is merged, the Apache website should be changed to
the new version that has been in draft form for a few weeks now.
Before it may have been a little premature, but now it should be
accurate. The documentation site should also be reverted to its prior
state, before it was quickly patched to serve as an interim website.

If there's anything else I am missing that should be in this list,
please feel free to add it into this thread.

Thanks,
-Ian