asterixdb-dev mailing list archives

From Raman Grover <ramangrove...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tasks remaining for release
Date Mon, 06 Jul 2015 21:14:32 GMT
Hi

a) The two big commits to the master (YARN integration and feeds) happened
as atomic units that makes it easier to
reset the master to the version prior to each feature and verify if the
build began showing OOM after each of the suspected commits. We have a
pretty deterministic way of nailing down the commit that introduced the
problem. I would suggest, instead of disabling the feeds tests, can we
revert to the earlier commit and confirm if the feeds commit did introduce
the behavior and repeat the test with the YARN commit that followed. We
should be able to see sudden increase/drop in build stability by running
sufficient number of iterations.

b) I have not been able to reproduce the OOM at my setup where I have been
running the build repeatedly.
@Ian are you able to reproduce it at your system? May be I am not running
the build sufficient number of times?
I am still not able to understand how removal of test cases still causes
the OOM? I can go back and look at the precise changes made during the
feeds commit that could introduce OOM even if feeds are not involved at
all, but as I see it, the changes made do not play a role if feeds are not
being ingested.

Regards,
Raman

--