asterixdb-dev mailing list archives

From Hanifi GUNES ...@apache.org>
Subject Unable to create an instance
Date Wed, 01 Jul 2015 22:24:09 GMT
I am following the instructions given at [1] to get Asterix up and running
on my Mac. For some reason, I cannot get managix to create an instance. I
already set the log level down to ALL and made sure java_home is exported
to shell as well as to conf/managix-conf.xml

Can someone point me to right direction on how to debug this?

*> managix validate*
*INFO: Environment [OK]**INFO: Managix Configuration [OK]*

*> managix create -n mydb -c $MANAGIX_HOME/clusters/local/local.xml*
*DEBUG: Starting ZooKeeper at 127.0.0.1:2900 <http://127.0.0.1:2900>*
*ERROR: Unable to start Zookeeper Service. This could be because of the
following reasons.*
*1) Managix is incorrectly configured. Please run managix validate to run a
validation test and correct the errors reported.**2) If validation in (1)
is successful, ensure that java_home parameter is set correctly in Managix
configuration (conf/managix-conf.xml)*

Thanks
-Hanifi

1: https://asterixdb.ics.uci.edu/documentation/install.html