asterixdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jochen Wiedmann <jochen.wiedm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [IMPORTANT] Git issues
Date Wed, 15 Jul 2015 09:02:07 GMT
Hi, Chris,

sorry for chiming in (I seem to be doing that a lot, lately.)

On Wed, Jul 15, 2015 at 10:33 AM, Chris Hillery <chillery@hillery.land> wrote:

> process, set their upstream "origin" remote be set to the read-only Github
> mirror.

I agree with you, Chris, that the Gerrit discussion is orthogonal.
(That discussion was mainly triggered by me in order to find a
resolution, which might be acceptable for both the Incubator as the
overseeing entity, and for the project members of AsterixDB.

Using the github mirror as a remote "origin" might lead to another
possible reolution. The Github mirrors are officially endorsed, thus
accepted by the Incubator. So, if AsterixDB could replace Gerrit with
Github PRs, we'd essentially have the same situation in terms of
process (but with slightly less comfort, and a different UI). I can
even imagine, that, in the foreseeable future, there will be an
automated way back from the Github Mirror to the ASF repository, given
how active users are on the Github mirrors by creating PRs.

Jochen

--
Any world that can produce the Taj Mahal, William Shakespeare,
and Stripe toothpaste can't be all bad. (C.R. MacNamara, One Two Three)