asterixdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jochen Wiedmann <jochen.wiedm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tasks remaining for release
Date Tue, 07 Jul 2015 10:54:45 GMT
On Mon, Jul 6, 2015 at 8:36 AM, Till Westmann <tillw@apache.org> wrote:

> Yes, please. I think that build stability in general are a big problem.
> And OOM issues specifically seem to be against AsterixDBs goal of not falling over when
memory gets tight.
> So we probably should not release, if that’s something that everybody has a high chance
of running into on first try.

There's nothing that prevents a release. If you expect issues with
that release, make users aware, recommend to stay with a previous
release, fix those problems ASAP, and cut another release.

And, btw, if you want AsterixDB to deal with OOM problems
automatically, or semiautomatically: Here's your chance to work on
that.

Jochen