asterixdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jochen Wiedmann <jochen.wiedm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Change in hyracks[master]: Change Nexus repo, relax RAT checks
Date Fri, 31 Jul 2015 07:57:11 GMT
On Thu, Jul 30, 2015 at 9:02 PM, Ian Maxon (Code Review)
<do-not-reply@asterix-gerrit.ics.uci.edu> wrote:

> I'd like it to be in verify as well, but RAT is really picky and I think it gets in the
way of normal work unfortunately.

As a RAT committer, allow me to say: It may be picky by default, but
it is completely configurable to be otherwise.
So I suggest that you either

a) Configure Exceptions (Like this:

      <configuration>
         <excludes>
           <exclude>whatEverYouWant/*.temp</exclude>
         </excludes>
      </configuration>

or

b) Move the Rat plugin to a dedicated release profile, so that it
doesn't run as part of the daily work, but only when it matters
(before cutting a release).

If I can be of any help, let me know.

Jochen