asterixdb-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Ildar Absalyamov <ildar.absalya...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tasks remaining for release
Date Tue, 21 Jul 2015 05:26:00 GMT
While I was checking and fixing small issue with indexing documentation I have noticed that
auto-generated ID feature documentation is completely missing. Moreover of a AQL primer page
it is saying that we do not support that feature.
It is considered to be done, or there is some reason to keep it below the radar?

2015-07-20 14:55 GMT-07:00 Mike Carey <dtabass@gmail.com <mailto:dtabass@gmail.com>>:
Cool.  And feed testing/stability?
We also need to have docs for the new stuff (feeds 2.0, external data/indexing 2.0, nested/open
indexing 1.0, semistructured functions 0.8, ...).

On 7/19/15 2:12 PM, Ian Maxon wrote:
I think we basically have everything that was on this checklist merged
or ready to be merged. After the Metadata stuff is merged, all that's
left is the package change.

-Ian

On Sun, Jul 19, 2015 at 7:34 AM, Mike Carey <dtabass@gmail.com <mailto:dtabass@gmail.com>>
wrote:
Q: Any progress (e.g., @Raman) on feed/build stability?
What's still on our short list to do for the first release, in terms of
being code complete?
(I know I owe reviews of Ildar's user-visible changes.)
We'll also need to run the old traditional "Pouria torture tests" for an
extended period of time.

On 7/2/15 6:42 PM, Ian Maxon wrote:
Hi all,

We are close to having a release ready, but there's a few things left
on the checklist before we can cut the first Apache release. I think
most things on this list are underway, but I'll put them here just for
reference/visibility. Comments and thoughts are welcomed.

- Build stability after merging YARN and Feeds seems to have seriously
declined. It's hard to get a build to go through to the end without
going OOM at all now honestly, so this is a Problem. I think it may be
related to Feeds, but even after disabling the tests
(https://asterix-gerrit.ics.uci.edu/#/c/312/ <https://asterix-gerrit.ics.uci.edu/#/c/312/>),
I still see it.
Therefore I am not precisely sure what is going on, but it only
started to happen after we merged those two features. It's not exactly
obvious to me where the memory leak is coming from. @Raman, it would
be great to get your advice/thoughts on this.

- Metadata name changes and Metadata caching consistency fixes are
underway by Ildar.

- The repackaging and license checker patches still need to be merged
in, but this should happen after the above two features are merged.
They are otherwise ready for review though.

- Now that Feeds is merged, the Apache website should be changed to
the new version that has been in draft form for a few weeks now.
Before it may have been a little premature, but now it should be
accurate. The documentation site should also be reverted to its prior
state, before it was quickly patched to serve as an interim website.


If there's anything else I am missing that should be in this list,
please feel free to add it into this thread.

Thanks,
-Ian





-- 
Best regards,
Ildar
Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message