asterixdb-dev mailing list archives

From asteri...@googlecode.com
Subject Issue 914 in asterixdb: Temporary Dataset gets deleted after few minutes of creation
Date Fri, 31 Jul 2015 17:18:54 GMT
Owner: ----
Labels: Type-Defect Priority-Medium

New issue 914 by Pritom...@gmail.com: Temporary Dataset gets deleted after
few minutes of creation
https://code.google.com/p/asterixdb/issues/detail?id=914

What steps will reproduce the problem?
1. create a temporary dataset in any data universe.
2. After 2-3 minutes it will be deleted unless you do anything with it.

It should persist for 30 days without being accessed.

asterix-server-0.8.7. Ubuntu

I figured out the reason for the problem and possible ways to solve it. In
the class, edu.uci.ics.asterix.metadata.MetadataCache in asterix, there is
a private final static long TEMP_DATASET_INACTIVE_TIME_THRESHOLD variable
on line 35. Here by default, the thresholdis set to 30 days in miliseconds.
But it overflows, I mean the long variable. So the temporary dataset gets
garbage collected way before 30 days. Fixing this should fix the problem.