asterixdb-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Maxon <ima...@uci.edu>
Subject New website
Date Fri, 05 Jun 2015 02:44:50 GMT
Hey everyone,

I've been working on making a better website to use for our Apache domain.
You can check out a preview here :
*https://parshimers.github.io/asterix-website/
<https://parshimers.github.io/asterix-website/>* , and the source is here :
https://github.com/parshimers/asterix-website . It should build like any
other Jekyll website, just be sure to change the URL if you try previewing
it locally.

Any thoughts would be welcomed. I think the frontpage still needs some work
(the features should have some sort of small image to illustrate each one
), and there should be a detailed features page. The documentation also
needs to be harmonized and integrated with this site. I think we could also
add a blog easily, but I'm not sure how everyone feels about that. It would
be good to show activity and give people a peek of what's going on between
releases.

This new website should also be a lot easier to maintain and add content to
for everyone. There's really not much HTML required unless it is a more
complex layout like the front page, for example all of the contribution
pages are just markdown.

Thanks, and looking forward to your comments,
- Ian