asterixdb-dev mailing list archives

From Raman Grover <ramangrove...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Unable to connect secondary feed to primary feed
Date Thu, 11 Jun 2015 22:29:11 GMT
As per the steps mentioned for reproducing the issue,
step 0 involves installing the external library testlib in a dataverse
(assumed to be "feeds" dataverse). On system startup (following managix
install command), the library components (UDFs) get installed in the stated
dataverse.

However, subsequently as part of step 1,  the dataverse is dropped (drop
dataverse feeds if exists;) which results in un-installing the contents of
the dataverse including the library and thus the installed UDFs thereof. At
runtime (connect feed statement), the required library is not found. There
is an error-propagation issue here as this can be caught earlier and thrown
at the UI.

Before going further, it would be great if you can confirm the above steps
and that the dataverse was actually dropped post installation of library.
Further, I tried reproducing with the above statements (but removing the
drop and create dataverse statements from step 2) and got the feeds
connected and running fine.
Attached is a screen shot of the recent run showing the primary and
secondary feeds in connected state together with the data rates for each.

Regards,
Raman

--
Raman