asterixdb-dev mailing list archives

From Eugenia Gabrielova <genia.likes.scie...@gmail.com>
Subject Unable to connect secondary feed to primary feed
Date Thu, 11 Jun 2015 21:41:17 GMT
*Summary*: I'm able to create and connect a feed from Twitter, but I am
unable to connect a secondary feed. The web UI hangs, and the feeds UI does
not detect the secondary feed. Nothing amiss in the cc.log or [node].log.

*To Replicate:*
*Step 0*
Check out this change on Asterix:
https://asterix-gerrit.ics.uci.edu/#/c/248/
Check out this change on Hyracks:
https://asterix-gerrit.ics.uci.edu/#/c/249/

Install as you normally would for feeds, including installing testlib with
managix. I can document my command line steps on request :).

Feeds console here: http://localhost:19003/

*Step 1 - Twitter Feed in Web UI - Success!*
drop dataverse feeds if exists;
create dataverse feeds;
use dataverse feeds;

create type TwitterUser  if not exists
as open{
screen_name: string,
language: string,
friends_count: int32,
status_count: int32,
name: string,
followers_count: string
};

create type Tweet if not exists as open{
id: string,
user:TwitterUser,
latitude:double,
longitude:double,
created_at:string,
message_text:string
};

create dataset Tweets(Tweet) if not exists
primary key id;

create feed TwitterFeed if not exists
using "push_twitter"
(("type-name"="Tweet"),("location"="US"));

connect feed TwitterFeed to dataset Tweets;

*Step 2 - Create (but don't connect Processed Tweets) in Web UI - success!*
use dataverse feeds;

create type ProcessedTweet if not exists as open {
id: string,
user_name:string,
location:point,
created_at:string,
message_text:string,
country: string,
topics: [string]
};

create dataset ProcessedTweets(ProcessedTweet) if not exists
primary key id;

create index location_index if not exists on ProcessedTweets(location) type
rtree;

create feed ProcessedTwitterFeed if not exists
from TwitterFeed
apply function testlib#processRawTweet;

*Step 3 - Connect ProcessedTwitterFeed :( - ???*
use dataverse feeds;

connect feed ProcessedTwitterFeed to dataset ProcessedTweets;

*Observation: *Secondary feed does not appear at localhost:19003, and web
UI hangs (no return success).

Thanks for any help and insight. Please let me know if I should provide
further detail.