asterixdb-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Jacobs <sjaco...@ucr.edu>
Subject Re: Metadata names generation
Date Wed, 24 Jun 2015 18:51:05 GMT
I think there is no completely user-friendly way around this. Basically our
names allow ALL characters if they are incapsulated in quotes, so there
isn't a character we can use that doesn't have the potential for ambiguity
from the user's perspective. This is why I had to change the nested stuff
in indexing to be a list of strings rather than a single string.
Steven

On Wed, Jun 24, 2015 at 11:43 AM, Chen Li <chenli@gmail.com> wrote:

> In this case, there could be ambiguity in the names.  Does it matter?
>
> Chen
>
> On Wed, Jun 24, 2015 at 11:17 AM, Steven Jacobs <sjaco002@ucr.edu> wrote:
>
> > Fieldnames do allow these characters (both of them).
> > Steven
> >
> > On Wed, Jun 24, 2015 at 11:15 AM, Chen Li <chenli@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > I also prefer "." than "_".  Also want to confirm that field names
> don't
> > > allow these two characters.
> > >
> > > Chen

> > will

> intuitive
> > > (at

> become
> +
> > > “_”
> > the
> > earlier)
> in
> > > the
> > > > > > >

> “Type_#1_UnionType_Field_end-date_in_Field_employment_in_FacebookUserType_ItemType”
> > > where
> value

> > iabsa001@cs.ucr.edu

> generation