asterixdb-dev mailing list archives

From Ildar Absalyamov <ildar.absalya...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Explanation of Error
Date Tue, 02 Jun 2015 19:19:22 GMT
Yes, it it. But the patch, enabling union implementation did not resolve this limitation.
There is a still missing runtime for branchy subplans, although implementation is douable.
As of now the rule of thumb is to alter other rewrite rules to avoid such non-linear pipelines
in the nested plans.

> On Jun 2, 2015, at 12:13, Ian Maxon <imaxon@uci.edu> wrote:
>
> Isn't this the same linear subplan limitation that was stopping union from
> working? (before Keren and company implemented it differently...)
> https://code.google.com/p/asterixdb/issues/detail?id=157 should have some
> more info.
>
> - Ian
>
> On Tue, Jun 2, 2015 at 11:52 AM, Steven Jacobs <sjaco002@ucr.edu> wrote:
>
>> Hi, I got an interesting new error and I was wondering if anyone knew the
>> origins/limitation issue that this is referring to.
>>
>> Attempting to construct a nested plan with 20 operator descriptors.
>> Currently, nested plans can only consist in linear pipelines of
>> Asterix micro operators. [AlgebricksException]
>>

>> Steven

Best regards,
Ildar