asterixdb-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Carey <dtab...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Enum derived type
Date Sat, 27 Jun 2015 07:42:12 GMT
Agreed....

On 6/24/15 12:25 PM, Ildar Absalyamov wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> As I was diving into metadata format I have encountered that presumably some time ago
we wanted to support Enum derived types, but the implementation is missing.
> However derived record type allocates a separate field “Enum values”, which seems
to be null in all the cases:
> { "DataverseName": "Metadata", "DatatypeName": "Field_NodeNames_in_NodeGroupRecordType",
"Derived": { "Tag": "UNORDEREDLIST", "IsAnonymous": true, "EnumValues": null, "Record": null,
"Union": null, "UnorderedList": "string", "OrderedList": null }, "Timestamp": "Wed Jun 24
12:08:21 PDT 2015" }

> So here is the question: am I getting right that we don’t support AQL enumerations
yet? If not should we keep this extra field in metadata? (which essentially adds up unused
space for each type’ metadata description). I believe we can safely move it out into open
part of the record.