asterixdb-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Carey <dtab...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Migration of git repository
Date Thu, 04 Jun 2015 22:45:10 GMT
Just a quick high-level note from our nearest equivalent of the
pointy-haired Dilbert guy (aka me):  What would be nice is to have
Hyracks changes kick off tests of all "supported client projects" -
AsterixDB, VXQuery, maybe also Pregelix, IMRU, and possibly others in
the future.  I don't think we'll ever prevent such downstream things
from being broken unless we run their tests - so I would suggest that we
need a mechanism to keep Hyracks changes from being permitted to happen
without verifying the ongoing integrity of all "blessed" (priority 1)
affected projects....  We could have an agreed upon list of such
projects and tests for each....  It would be nice to have a "quick
check" (hello world still works, basics are working) that was
synchronously blocking of such changes, and at least a daily
verification that all's totally well (AFAWK) for them all.

Not sure how this affects the still two-sided discussion...  :-)

Cheers,
Mike