asterixdb-dev mailing list archives

From Till Westmann <ti...@apache.org>
Subject Re: New website
Date Mon, 08 Jun 2015 01:33:59 GMT
But the documentation that should to be version controlled with the source is the markdown
source, not the generated HTML, right?
So we might be able to render the documentation markdown in the same way we render the rest
of the website.
If that works we should have a consistent site, even when we change the style in the future
(and I’m sure we will, if the project lasts for more that 12 months ..).

The one thing that’s not clear to me is, where the markdown is version controlled and what
will be in the git repo for the site (and who runs the HTML generation process).
So far I assumed that the git repo will contain the generated HTML and that will be pushed
directly to the website.
If the site repo only contains HTML, we’d still the to store the markdown for the rest of
the site somewhere, where would that be?

Does somebody have the patience to explain this to me (slowly :) )?

Cheers,
Till