asterixdb-dev mailing list archives

From Till Westmann <ti...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Test failure building Hyracks
Date Sun, 03 May 2015 00:39:21 GMT
Hi Murtadha,

I started from a completely new clone of the git repository.
It seems unlikely, that I have old files in there.

An interesting point is, that the ParseException in question is generated by JavaCC.
But it seems that the generated-sources are correctly added in the POM … so there’s nothing
obviously wrong.

Installing without the tests worked well and I’m trying to see if the installation with
tests will work now.
But I’d really like to be sure, that the installation with tests work from a clean repo.

Cheers,
Till

> On May 2, 2015, at 5:02 PM, Murtadha Hubail <hubailmor@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I just built Hyracks a couple of hours ago on Jenkins without any issues.
>
> This is a compilation problem that most likely cause by old referenced files. Try "git
gerrit update” then “mvn clean install -DskipTests”. If that passes, then you can try
building with the tests.

> -Murtadha
>

>> On May 2, 2015, at 4:49 PM, Till Westmann <tillw@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> And I see a similar problem in AsterixDB.
>>
>> Listening for transport dt_socket at address: 8000
>> Running edu.uci.ics.asterix.tools.test.AdmDataGenTest
>> Tests run: 2, Failures: 0, Errors: 2, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 0.076 sec <<<
FAILURE! - in edu.uci.ics.asterix.tools.test.AdmDataGenTest
>> test[0](edu.uci.ics.asterix.tools.test.AdmDataGenTest)  Time elapsed: 0.014 sec
<<< ERROR!
>> java.lang.Error: Unresolved compilation problem:
>> 	The method init() from the type AdmDataGen refers to the missing type ParseException
>>
>> 	at edu.uci.ics.asterix.tools.test.AdmDataGenTest.test(AdmDataGenTest.java:126)
>>
>> test[1](edu.uci.ics.asterix.tools.test.AdmDataGenTest)  Time elapsed: 0 sec  <<<
ERROR!
>> java.lang.Error: Unresolved compilation problem:
>> 	The method init() from the type AdmDataGen refers to the missing type ParseException
>>
>> 	at edu.uci.ics.asterix.tools.test.AdmDataGenTest.test(AdmDataGenTest.java:126)
>>

>> Results :
>>
>> Tests in error:
>> AdmDataGenTest.test:126  Unresolved compilation problem:
>> 	The method init() f...
>> AdmDataGenTest.test:126  Unresolved compilation problem:
>> 	The method init() f...
>>
>> Tests run: 2, Failures: 0, Errors: 2, Skipped: 0
>>
>>> On May 2, 2015, at 4:46 PM, Till Westmann <tillw@apache.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> trying to build Hyracks I ran into:

>>> T E S T S
>>> Listening for transport dt_socket at address: 8000
>>> Running edu.uci.ics.algebricks.examples.piglet.test.PigletTest
>>> Tests run: 2, Failures: 0, Errors: 2, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 0.026 sec <<<
FAILURE! - in edu.uci.ics.algebricks.examples.piglet.test.PigletTest
>>> testPiglet(edu.uci.ics.algebricks.examples.piglet.test.PigletTestCase)  Time
elapsed: 0.008 sec  <<< ERROR!