asterixdb-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Maxon <ima...@uci.edu>
Subject Re: Regarding git workflows and who must push a patch
Date Tue, 05 May 2015 23:10:02 GMT
I was looking around a little, and wondering how Github pull requests are
done under Apache infrastructure, because I imagine they must have the
exact same problem. Looking at this page from the Mahout project (
https://mahout.apache.org/developers/github.html) seems to explain how this
works. Basically the final push to the ASF git repo is done by hand.
We could do this for Gerrit as well rather easily. The master branch from
Gerrit would be akin to the pull-request branch, and the developer would
just have to fetch from there and then push that to the ASF master git. I
suppose it isn't as seamless as what was done before, but if other folks
are doing it, I suppose this might be a workable solution.

- Ian