asterixdb-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Maxon <ima...@uci.edu>
Subject Re: Regarding git workflows and who must push a patch
Date Tue, 05 May 2015 20:23:11 GMT
I don't think the lack of commit hooks or equivalent in the ASF git
repositories is the issue here. The crux of the problem is ASF
infrastructure has one way of recording final responsibility of a commit
(who pushed it, in the server logs), and we have another (who +2ed it and
cleared it for commit). I would say we do, at a high level, have the same
level of access control on what comes out of Gerrit. Nothing is +2ed and
committed, unless someone who is a committer has done so). It's just that
the method of recording that information is different.

Regarding using gitpubsub or something like commit hooks to do pre-commit
testing, those events are only fired off on commit, so we would have to
have a 'staging' branch or similar that Jenkins watches. I suppose we could
emulate something like we have with Gerrit now that way, but it would be
more manual.

- Ian