asterixdb-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Ian Maxon <ima...@uci.edu>
Subject Re: Test failure building Hyracks
Date Tue, 05 May 2015 07:03:09 GMT
Yes, I set Jenkins to wipe the workspace before building.

On Mon, May 4, 2015 at 11:16 PM, Till Westmann <tillw@apache.org> wrote:

> Does Jenkins start with an empty directory and a full checkout as well?
>
>
> On 4 May 2015, at 10:14, Ian Maxon wrote:
>
>  Not sure whats going on either. The hyracks tests on master all pass in
>> Jenkins.
>>
>> -Ian
>> Hi Murtadha,
>>
>> I started from a completely new clone of the git repository.
>> It seems unlikely, that I have old files in there.
>>
>> An interesting point is, that the ParseException in question is generated
>> by JavaCC.
>> But it seems that the generated-sources are correctly added in the POM …
>> so
>> there’s nothing obviously wrong.
>>
>> Installing without the tests worked well and I’m trying to see if the
>> installation with tests will work now.
>> But I’d really like to be sure, that the installation with tests work from
>> a clean repo.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Till
>>
>>  On May 2, 2015, at 5:02 PM, Murtadha Hubail <hubailmor@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> I just built Hyracks a couple of hours ago on Jenkins without any issues.
>>>
>>> This is a compilation problem that most likely cause by old referenced
>>>
>> files. Try "git gerrit update” then “mvn clean install -DskipTests”. If
>> that passes, then you can try building with the tests.
>>
>>>
>>> -Murtadha
>>>
>>>
>>>  On May 2, 2015, at 4:49 PM, Till Westmann <tillw@apache.org> wrote:
>>>>
>>>> And I see a similar problem in AsterixDB.
>>>>
>>>> Listening for transport dt_socket at address: 8000
>>>> Running edu.uci.ics.asterix.tools.test.AdmDataGenTest
>>>> Tests run: 2, Failures: 0, Errors: 2, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 0.076
>>>>
>>> sec <<< FAILURE! - in edu.uci.ics.asterix.tools.test.AdmDataGenTest
>>
>>> test[0](edu.uci.ics.asterix.tools.test.AdmDataGenTest)  Time elapsed:
>>>>
>>> 0.014 sec  <<< ERROR!
>>
>>> java.lang.Error: Unresolved compilation problem:
>>>>   The method init() from the type AdmDataGen refers to the missing
>>>>
>>> type ParseException
>>
>>>
>>>>   at
>>>>
>>>
>> edu.uci.ics.asterix.tools.test.AdmDataGenTest.test(AdmDataGenTest.java:126)
>>
>>>
>>>> test[1](edu.uci.ics.asterix.tools.test.AdmDataGenTest)  Time elapsed: 0
>>>>
>>> sec  <<< ERROR!
>>
>>> java.lang.Error: Unresolved compilation problem:
>>>>   The method init() from the type AdmDataGen refers to the missing
>>>>
>>> type ParseException
>>
>>>
>>>>   at
>>>>
>>>
>> edu.uci.ics.asterix.tools.test.AdmDataGenTest.test(AdmDataGenTest.java:126)
>>
>>>
>>>>
>>>> Results :
>>>>
>>>> Tests in error:
>>>> AdmDataGenTest.test:126  Unresolved compilation problem:
>>>>   The method init() f...
>>>> AdmDataGenTest.test:126  Unresolved compilation problem:
>>>>   The method init() f...
>>>>
>>>> Tests run: 2, Failures: 0, Errors: 2, Skipped: 0
>>>>
>>>>  On May 2, 2015, at 4:46 PM, Till Westmann <tillw@apache.org> wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>> Hi,
>>>>>
>>>>> trying to build Hyracks I ran into:
>>>>>
>>>>> -------------------------------------------------------
>>>>> T E S T S
>>>>> -------------------------------------------------------
>>>>> Listening for transport dt_socket at address: 8000
>>>>> Running edu.uci.ics.algebricks.examples.piglet.test.PigletTest
>>>>> Tests run: 2, Failures: 0, Errors: 2, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 0.026
>>>>>
>>>> sec <<< FAILURE! - in
>> edu.uci.ics.algebricks.examples.piglet.test.PigletTest
>>
>>> testPiglet(edu.uci.ics.algebricks.examples.piglet.test.PigletTestCase)
>>>>>
>>>> Time elapsed: 0.008 sec  <<< ERROR!
>>
>>> java.lang.Error: Unresolved compilation problem:
>>>>>  The method parse(Reader) from the type PigletCompiler refers to the
>>>>>
>>>> missing type ParseException
>>
>>>
>>>>>  at
>>>>>
>>>>
>> edu.uci.ics.algebricks.examples.piglet.test.PigletTestCase.testPiglet(PigletTestCase.java:45)
>>
>>>
>>>>> testPiglet(edu.uci.ics.algebricks.examples.piglet.test.PigletTestCase)
>>>>>
>>>> Time elapsed: 0 sec  <<< ERROR!
>>
>>> java.lang.Error: Unresolved compilation problem:
>>>>>  The method parse(Reader) from the type PigletCompiler refers to the
>>>>>
>>>> missing type ParseException
>>
>>>
>>>>>  at
>>>>>
>>>>
>> edu.uci.ics.algebricks.examples.piglet.test.PigletTestCase.testPiglet(PigletTestCase.java:45)
>>
>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> Results :
>>>>>
>>>>> Tests in error:
>>>>> PigletTestCase.testPiglet:45  Unresolved compilation problem:
>>>>>  The method par...
>>>>> PigletTestCase.testPiglet:45  Unresolved compilation problem:
>>>>>  The method par...
>>>>>
>>>>> Tests run: 2, Failures: 0, Errors: 2, Skipped: 0
>>>>>
>>>>> Is this a  problem for anybody else as well?
>>>>>
>>>>> Thanks,
>>>>> Till
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message