asterixdb-dev mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Website
Date Mon, 04 May 2015 22:07:25 GMT
There are really two roles here.

One is where you keep the source of the web site.  The other is where you
keep the pre-processed static HTML that is actually delivered to users.
One common pattern is to store the source in a special branch in the main
project repo and store the static HTML in a separate repo.  To some degree,
this pattern is an artifact.

It should also be possible to simply follow the github practice of using a
special branch (called gh-pages) and having the gitpubsub script do all of
the conversion to static html.  I am not clear on whether that is supported
yet.

The gh-pages convention works great, but is a bit strange at first.  The
great advantage it has is not intrinsic, but has to do mostly with the fact
that it allows you to use github as a preview mechanism.