asterixdb-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Jacobs <sjaco...@ucr.edu>
Subject Documentation branch name change
Date Mon, 04 May 2015 16:47:13 GMT
Hi,
I had a couple of questions as we are migrating to Apache.

1) As far as I know right now we have no way to push to the documentation
branch on Google Code (As the code site is currently read-only, and there
is no code review process set up except for the master branch). Is this
being addressed in our migration?

2) I was wondering if we could take this opportunity to rename the
documentation branch to be more clear. We could call it "release" or
something similar. The reason I am asking is because I feel like calling it
simply "documentation" is a little confusing. As far as I know, the
"documentation" branch represents exactly what is available for end-users
today, so it is not only the current documentation but also the latest
official release of the code. This makes the name counter-intuitive, at
least for me. Any thoughts?

Steven