asterixdb-dev mailing list archives

From Cameron Samak <csa...@apache.org>
Subject Synchronizing releases/version numbers with client libraries
Date Wed, 13 May 2015 21:17:19 GMT
Hi all,

Should we synchronize the version numbers or releases of client libraries
(i.e. libraries with no AsterixDB build dependencies that are or will be in
master) with AsterixDB?

Maybe we could synchronize a portion of the version numbers?

On the other hand, if the version numbers carry semantic meaning it could
be misleading if they are synchronized: 0.112.5 --> 0.113.0 might mean
something big for Asterix but some clients might not change at all.

Thanks,
Cameron