asterixdb-dev mailing list archives

From Till Westmann <ti...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Website
Date Sat, 09 May 2015 16:09:19 GMT

> On May 5, 2015, at 3:35 AM, Ted Dunning <ted.dunning@gmail.com <mailto:ted.dunning@gmail.com>>
wrote:

> On Tue, May 5, 2015 at 7:25 AM, Till Westmann <tillw@apache.org <mailto:tillw@apache.org>>
wrote:

>> It should also be possible to simply follow the github practice of using a
>>> special branch (called gh-pages) and having the gitpubsub script do all of
>>> the conversion to static html.  I am not clear on whether that is
>>> supported
>>> yet.
>>>
>>> The gh-pages convention works great, but is a bit strange at first.  The
>>> great advantage it has is not intrinsic, but has to do mostly with the
>>> fact
>>> that it allows you to use github as a preview mechanism.
>>>

>> I'm not sure I follow here (but many that's due to the fact that I don't
>> understand the GitHub feature). Something needs to happen between the
>> source and the static HTML (in our case the maven site plugin does it) and
>> gitpubsub probably doesn't do that.
>> So who does it?
>

> See here for directions for the Drill web site:
>
> https://github.com/apache/drill-site <https://github.com/apache/drill-site>

Thanks. Even though my picture is still not clear on the options to create the static HTML,
I think that there is consensus that we should have a separate git repository for the static
HTML.
I’ve requested the repository: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-9629 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-9629>

Cheers,
Till