asterixdb-dev mailing list archives

From Henry Saputra <henry.sapu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Read/Write Git repo up and JIRA instance
Date Sat, 21 Mar 2015 01:44:12 GMT
As far as I know, each project should only have one repo.

Having 2 repos mean you have 2 individual projects.

In our case, we wanted the core AsterixDB and Hyracks together as
related modules.

- Henry

On Fri, Mar 20, 2015 at 6:29 PM, Till Westmann <tillw@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> coming back to this. I think that it would be the “right” choice to have 2 repositories
here. However,
> a) I’m not sure if “1 repository per project" is an unchangeable rules and
> b) if other people think differently about this.
>
> What are your thoughts/opinions on this?
>
> Thanks,
> Till
>
>> On Mar 16, 2015, at 10:56 PM, Till Westmann <tillw@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> So far they were released separately as other projects depend on Hyracks as well
(Apache VXQuery, Pregelix (not Apache)). We actually briefly considered to propose both projects
separately, but since they are developed by the same community and we’ve heard “community
over code” more than once, it seemed more appropriate to have 1 project for 1 community.
>> What that the “right” choice or would we have gotten different advice if we had
discussed this before starting incubation?

>> Thanks,
>> Till
>>
>>> On Mar 16, 2015, at 7:09 PM, Henry Saputra <henry.saputra@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> My thinking was just to have to directories under main git repo for
>>> asterixdb and hyracks. The README.md then describe what each directory
>>> contains.
>>>
>>> The drawback is that those 2 modules now work as one for both releases
>>> and branches, which I think makes sense from project perspective.

(not need to google for, I can do that if you haven't tried either).

one for Hyracks. And since we have other projects that depend on Hyracks that actually makes
some sense. Would it be possible to have 2 repositories here as well? (Sorry, I should have
come up with that question earlier …).
issues from Google Code to the Apache JIRA.