asterixdb-dev mailing list archives

From Till Westmann <ti...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Read/Write Git repo up and JIRA instance
Date Sat, 21 Mar 2015 12:31:25 GMT
Ok, I’ve filed https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-9306 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-9306>,
hoping that that’s the right way of asking infra.

Till

> On Mar 21, 2015, at 3:05 AM, Mattmann, Chris A (3980) <chris.a.mattmann@jpl.nasa.gov>
wrote:

> My guess is this is possible just ask infra and please report back what you hear thanks!
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
>> On Mar 20, 2015, at 6:30 PM, Till Westmann <tillw@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> coming back to this. I think that it would be the “right” choice to have 2 repositories
here. However,
>> a) I’m not sure if “1 repository per project" is an unchangeable rules and
>> b) if other people think differently about this.
>>
>> What are your thoughts/opinions on this?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Till
>>
>>> On Mar 16, 2015, at 10:56 PM, Till Westmann <tillw@apache.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> So far they were released separately as other projects depend on Hyracks as well
(Apache VXQuery, Pregelix (not Apache)). We actually briefly considered to propose both projects
separately, but since they are developed by the same community and we’ve heard “community
over code” more than once, it seemed more appropriate to have 1 project for 1 community.

>>> What that the “right” choice or would we have gotten different advice if
we had discussed this before starting incubation?

>>> Thanks,
>>> Till

(not need to google for, I can do that if you haven't tried either).

SGA?
and one for Hyracks. And since we have other projects that depend on Hyracks that actually
makes some sense. Would it be possible to have 2 repositories here as well? (Sorry, I should
have come up with that question earlier …).
migrate issues from Google Code to the Apache JIRA.

USA