arrow-user mailing list archives

From Maarten Ballintijn <maart...@xs4all.nl>
Subject Re: PyArrow.Table schema.metadata issue
Date Thu, 28 Nov 2019 06:17:43 GMT
Hi Aaron,

The schema is immutable, add_metadata returns a new schema object which includes the metadata.
So I think this does what you want:

schema = schema.add_metadata(meta)

If not, experts will chime in hopefully.

Cheers,
Maarten.

> On Nov 28, 2019, at 12:41 AM, Aaron Chu <xweichu@ucsc.edu> wrote:
>
> Dear all,
>
> I need your help regarding the pyarrow.table.schema.
>
> I tried to create a schema and use with_metadata/add_metadata functions to add the metadata
(a python dict) to the schema. However, nothing showed up when I run 'schema.metadata'. I
can't get the metadata added to the schema.