arrow-user mailing list archives

From Wes McKinney <wesmck...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Installing Apache Arrow RHEL 7
Date Fri, 25 Oct 2019 18:23:21 GMT
Does

https://dl.bintray.com/apache/arrow/centos/7/x86_64/repodata/repomd.xml

work? I'm copying dev@ in case Kou is not subscribed to user@

On Fri, Oct 25, 2019 at 12:39 PM Brian Klaassens <brian_klaassens@bd.com> wrote:

> According to https://arrow.apache.org/install/ for Centos I can add a repo and install
from there.

> sudo tee /etc/yum.repos.d/Apache-Arrow.repo <<REPO
>
> [apache-arrow]
>
> name=Apache Arrow
>
> baseurl=https://dl.bintray.com/apache/arrow/centos/\$releasever/\$basearch/
>
> gpgcheck=1
>
> enabled=1
>
> gpgkey=https://dl.bintray.com/apache/arrow/centos/RPM-GPG-KEY-apache-arrow
>
> REPO
>
> yum install -y epel-release
>

> The only problem is that the base URL is not constructed correctly.
>
> https://dl.bintray.com/apache/arrow/centos/7Server/x86_64/repodata/repomd.xml
>

> I tried to cheat and changed the base URL to.
>
> https://dl.bintray.com/apache/arrow/centos/7/x86_64/repodata/repomd.xml
>
> The result was
>

> Loaded plugins: amazon-id, rhui-lb, search-disabled-repos
>
> apache-arrow                                                            | 2.9 kB  00:00:00
>
> No package epel-release available.
>
> Error: Nothing to do
>

> Is there a way for me to get this to work?
>

> This is the OS I’m on.
>
> cat /etc/os-release
>
> NAME="Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server"
>
> VERSION="7.7 (Maipo)"
>
> ID="rhel"
>
> ID_LIKE="fedora"
>
> VARIANT="Server"
>
> VARIANT_ID="server"
>
> VERSION_ID="7.7"
>
> PRETTY_NAME="Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 7.7 (Maipo)"
>
> ANSI_COLOR="0;31"
>
> CPE_NAME="cpe:/o:redhat:enterprise_linux:7.7:GA:server"
>
> HOME_URL="https://www.redhat.com/"
>
> BUG_REPORT_URL="https://bugzilla.redhat.com/"
>

> REDHAT_BUGZILLA_PRODUCT="Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7"
>
> REDHAT_BUGZILLA_PRODUCT_VERSION=7.7
>
> REDHAT_SUPPORT_PRODUCT="Red Hat Enterprise Linux"
>
> REDHAT_SUPPORT_PRODUCT_VERSION="7.7"

> IMPORTANT MESSAGE FOR RECIPIENTS IN THE U.S.A.:
> This message may constitute an advertisement of a BD group's products or services or
a solicitation of interest in them. If this is such a message and you would like to opt out
of receiving future advertisements or solicitations from this BD group, please forward this
e-mail to optoutbygroup@bd.com. [BD.v1.0]
> This message (which includes any attachments) is intended only for the designated recipient(s).
It may contain confidential or proprietary information and may be subject to the attorney-client
privilege or other confidentiality protections. If you are not a designated recipient, you
may not review, use, copy or distribute this message. If you received this in error, please
notify the sender by reply e-mail and delete this message. Thank you.
> Corporate Headquarters Mailing Address: BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company) 1 Becton Drive
Franklin Lakes, NJ 07417 U.S.A.