arrow-user mailing list archives

From Max Burke <...@urbanlogiq.com>
Subject Schema serialization and bindings generation?
Date Fri, 25 Oct 2019 18:48:51 GMT
Hello!

I had a couple questions. I have a system that is currently using
Flatbuffers because they provide a couple features: 1) flatbuffers support
generating flatbuffer-encoded representations of schemas (ie: reflection)
and 2) flatbuffers have a bindings generator for type-safe access in client
languages.

That said, the ecosystem evolving around Arrow is really intriguing.

Is there any equivalent now for serializing schemas/reflection?

Are there any plans for supporting binding generation tools?

--
-Max