arrow-user mailing list archives

From Brian Klaassens <brian_klaass...@bd.com>
Subject Installing Apache Arrow RHEL 7
Date Fri, 25 Oct 2019 17:39:28 GMT
According to https://arrow.apache.org/install/ for Centos I can add a repo and install from
there.

sudo tee /etc/yum.repos.d/Apache-Arrow.repo <<REPO
[apache-arrow]
name=Apache Arrow
baseurl=https://dl.bintray.com/apache/arrow/centos/\$releasever/\$basearch/
gpgcheck=1
enabled=1
gpgkey=https://dl.bintray.com/apache/arrow/centos/RPM-GPG-KEY-apache-arrow
REPO
yum install -y epel-release

The only problem is that the base URL is not constructed correctly.
https://dl.bintray.com/apache/arrow/centos/7Server/x86_64/repodata/repomd.xml

I tried to cheat and changed the base URL to.
https://dl.bintray.com/apache/arrow/centos/7/x86_64/repodata/repomd.xml
The result was

Loaded plugins: amazon-id, rhui-lb, search-disabled-repos
apache-arrow                                                            | 2.9 kB  00:00:00
No package epel-release available.
Error: Nothing to do

Is there a way for me to get this to work?

This is the OS I'm on.
cat /etc/os-release
NAME="Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server"
VERSION="7.7 (Maipo)"
ID="rhel"
ID_LIKE="fedora"
VARIANT="Server"
VARIANT_ID="server"
VERSION_ID="7.7"
PRETTY_NAME="Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 7.7 (Maipo)"
ANSI_COLOR="0;31"
CPE_NAME="cpe:/o:redhat:enterprise_linux:7.7:GA:server"
HOME_URL="https://www.redhat.com/"
BUG_REPORT_URL="https://bugzilla.redhat.com/"

REDHAT_BUGZILLA_PRODUCT="Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7"
REDHAT_BUGZILLA_PRODUCT_VERSION=7.7
REDHAT_SUPPORT_PRODUCT="Red Hat Enterprise Linux"
REDHAT_SUPPORT_PRODUCT_VERSION="7.7"

IMPORTANT MESSAGE FOR RECIPIENTS IN THE U.S.A.:
This message may constitute an advertisement of a BD group's products or services or a solicitation
of interest in them. If this is such a message and you would like to opt out of receiving
future advertisements or solicitations from this BD group, please forward this e-mail to optoutbygroup@bd.com.
[BD.v1.0]
This message (which includes any attachments) is intended only for the designated recipient(s).
It may contain confidential or proprietary information and may be subject to the attorney-client
privilege or other confidentiality protections. If you are not a designated recipient, you
may not review, use, copy or distribute this message. If you received this in error, please
notify the sender by reply e-mail and delete this message. Thank you.
Corporate Headquarters Mailing Address: BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company) 1 Becton Drive
Franklin Lakes, NJ 07417 U.S.A.