arrow-user mailing list archives

From Thomas Buhrmann <thomas.buehrm...@gmail.com>
Subject Installing the R package
Date Fri, 14 Jun 2019 18:25:29 GMT
Hi,
I've already posted this as a bug here (ARROW-5614
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ARROW-5614>), but in case somebody
from the community has experience with this maybe I can resolve it quicker
here...

I'm trying to install the R package in a Debian environment (an extension
of the dockerhub image from rocker/rstudio). This environment has R and
RStudio installed, as well as arrow-cpp, parquet-cpp and pyarrow via conda.
But when I install the R package I'm getting the

Please use arrow::install_arrow()

message. And when I try to do that

Error: 'install_arrow' is not an exported object from 'namespace:arrow'

The installation of the package didn't seem to throw any errors, and I've
told it where to find the arrow-cpp /lib and /include folders (see
ARROW-5614 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ARROW-5614>).

Any idea what may be going on, and whether the package can be installed and
linked against arrow as installed via conda?