arrow-user mailing list archives

From Nirmala S <nanna.tech.st...@gmail.com>
Subject default memory pool in macOS
Date Thu, 21 Mar 2019 07:34:59 GMT
Hi,

I am a newbie to Arrow. I am trying to create a default memory pool and use
it to allocate, store and read some stuff using C++ libraries.

My code looks like below

int initializeArrow(int64_t memSize, uint8_t **memStart) {
    arrow::MemoryPool* pool = arrow::default_memory_pool();

    arrow::Status status = pool->Allocate(memSize, memStart);
    if (status.ok()) {
        return 0;
    }

    return 1;
}

I am getting an error like below,

  "arrow::default_memory_pool()", referenced from:
      initializeArrow(long long, unsigned char**) in main.cpp.o
clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see
invocation)

I looked into
https://arrow.apache.org/docs/cpp/examples.html#row-to-columnar-conversion
as well older stuff on the user mailing list without avail. Can someone
help ?

Thanks in advance
Nirmala