arrow-user mailing list archives

From Nirmala S <nanna.tech.st...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: default memory pool in macOS
Date Thu, 21 Mar 2019 13:08:37 GMT
Thanks Uwe,

After fiddling around a bit with makefile, I got it right, linking the library was missing.

> On 21-Mar-2019, at 6:37 PM, Uwe L. Korn <uwelk@xhochy.com> wrote:
>
> Hello Nirmala,
>
> this looks like you're missing to link to libarrow.dylib. Can you share your compile
command? You're most likely missing a -larrow in there.

> Uwe
>
> On Thu, Mar 21, 2019, at 8:44 AM, Nirmala S wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am a newbie to Arrow. I am trying to create a default memory pool and use it to
allocate, store and read some stuff using C++ libraries.

>> My code looks like below
>> int initializeArrow(int64_t memSize, uint8_t **memStart) {
>>     arrow::MemoryPool* pool = arrow::default_memory_pool();
>>
>>     arrow::Status status = pool->Allocate(memSize, memStart);
>>     if (status.ok()) {
>>         return 0;
>>     }
>>
>>     return 1;
>> }
>> I am getting an error like below,
>>
>> Undefined symbols for architecture x86_64:
>>   "arrow::default_memory_pool()", referenced from:
>>       initializeArrow(long long, unsigned char**) in main.cpp.o
>> ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture x86_64
>> clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)
>>
>> I looked into https://arrow.apache.org/docs/cpp/examples.html#row-to-columnar-conversion
<https://arrow.apache.org/docs/cpp/examples.html#row-to-columnar-conversion> as well
older stuff on the user mailing list without avail. Can someone help ?