arrow-dev mailing list archives

From Wes McKinney <wesmck...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Arrow 0.15.1 - RC0
Date Sat, 02 Nov 2019 20:48:42 GMT
I built the docs but ran into a bug

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ARROW-7053

We may need to spoof the version for Sphinx's benefit (there was a
patch about this recently also), but it would be good to fix the
underlying problem

On Fri, Nov 1, 2019 at 4:34 PM Krisztián Szűcs
<szucs.krisztian@gmail.com> wrote:

> Status of the post release tasks:
>
> - [x] marking the released version as "RELEASED" on JIRA
> - [x] uploading source release artifacts to SVN
> - [x] uploading binary release artifacts to Bintray
> - [x] updating the Arrow website
> - [ ] updating website with new API documentation
> - [x] announcing release
> - [x] python wheels
> - [x] python source distribution
> - [ ] conda packages
> - [x] homebrew packages
> - [x] java maven artifacts
> - [x] ruby gems
> - [x] javascript npm packages
> - [x] .NET nuget packages
>
> I had trouble with re-staging the maven artifacts. The re-staging
> got a bit more complicated because of the Gandiva and ORC
> JNI, so I've used the following commands:
>
> # build the jni bindings similarly like the 01-perform.sh does
> mkdir -p cpp/java-build
> pushd cpp/java-build
> cmake \
>   -DARROW_GANDIVA=ON \
>   -DARROW_GANDIVA_JAVA=ON \
>   -DARROW_JNI=ON \
>   -DARROW_ORC=ON \
>   -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=release \
>   -G Ninja \
>   ..
> ninja
> popd
> # go in the java subfolder
> pushd java
> # stage the artifacts using both the apache-release and arrow-jni profiles
> mvn -Papache-release,arrow-jni -Darrow.cpp.build.dir=$(realpath
> ../cpp/java-build) deploy
> popd
>
> The staging, verification then the release went fine and the 0.15.1
> release is available under the apache repository repository.apache.org
> My issue that seemingly the version doesn't propagate to the maven
> central.
> Could someone more experienced with maven verify that the release
> is available as expected?
>
> Thanks, Krisztian
>
> On Fri, Nov 1, 2019 at 9:23 PM Krisztián Szűcs
> <szucs.krisztian@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Status of the post release tasks:
> >
> > - [x] marking the released version as "RELEASED" on JIRA
> > - [x] uploading source release artifacts to SVN
> > - [x] uploading binary release artifacts to Bintray
> > - [ ] updating the Arrow website
> > - [ ] updating website with new API documentation
> > - [ ] announcing release
> > - [x] python wheels
> > - [x] python source distribution
> > - [ ] conda packages
> > - [x] homebrew packages
> > - [ ] java maven artifacts (the staged artefacts is missing, so I need
> > to re-stage)
> > - [x] ruby gems
> > - [x] javascript npm packages
> > - [x] .NET nuget packages
> > - [x] rust packages (should fix ARROW-6801 for the next release)
> > - [ ] R packages
> >
> > On Fri, Nov 1, 2019 at 5:21 PM Wes McKinney <wesmckinn@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > I'll update the Sphinx documentation

wheels and found that the

it depends on the latest

- RC0" on Fri, 25 Oct 2019 20:43:07 +0200,

release candidate (RC0) of Apache
a patch release consisting of 36 resolved

on commit:

at [3].
at [4][5][6][7].

and signatures, run the unit tests,
for how to validate a release candidate.

72 hours.

Arrow 0.15.1
Apache Arrow 0.15.1 because...