arrow-dev mailing list archives

From Wes McKinney <wesmck...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Arrow 0.15.1 - RC0
Date Sat, 02 Nov 2019 21:33:08 GMT
OK, Sphinx docs are updated, I submitted a patch ARROW-7054 so we can
work around this again in the future if needed.

On Sat, Nov 2, 2019 at 3:48 PM Wes McKinney <wesmckinn@gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
> underlying problem
>
> On Fri, Nov 1, 2019 at 4:34 PM Krisztián Szűcs
> <szucs.krisztian@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Status of the post release tasks:
> >
> > - [x] marking the released version as "RELEASED" on JIRA
> > - [x] uploading source release artifacts to SVN
> > - [x] uploading binary release artifacts to Bintray
> > - [x] updating the Arrow website
> > - [ ] updating website with new API documentation
> > - [x] announcing release
> > - [x] python wheels
> > - [x] python source distribution
> > - [ ] conda packages
> > - [x] homebrew packages
> > - [x] java maven artifacts
> > - [x] ruby gems
> > - [x] javascript npm packages
> > - [x] .NET nuget packages
> >
> > I had trouble with re-staging the maven artifacts. The re-staging
> > got a bit more complicated because of the Gandiva and ORC
> > JNI, so I've used the following commands:
> >
> > # build the jni bindings similarly like the 01-perform.sh does
> > mkdir -p cpp/java-build
> > pushd cpp/java-build
> > cmake \
> >   -DARROW_GANDIVA=ON \
> >   -DARROW_GANDIVA_JAVA=ON \
> >   -DARROW_JNI=ON \
> >   -DARROW_ORC=ON \
> >   -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=release \
> >   -G Ninja \
> >   ..
> > ninja
> > popd
> > # go in the java subfolder
> > pushd java
> > # stage the artifacts using both the apache-release and arrow-jni profiles
> > mvn -Papache-release,arrow-jni -Darrow.cpp.build.dir=$(realpath
> > ../cpp/java-build) deploy
> > popd
> >
> > The staging, verification then the release went fine and the 0.15.1
> > release is available under the apache repository repository.apache.org
> > My issue that seemingly the version doesn't propagate to the maven
> > central.
> > Could someone more experienced with maven verify that the release
> > is available as expected?
> >
> > Thanks, Krisztian
> >
> > On Fri, Nov 1, 2019 at 9:23 PM Krisztián Szűcs
> > <szucs.krisztian@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Status of the post release tasks:
> > >
> > > - [x] marking the released version as "RELEASED" on JIRA
> > > - [x] uploading source release artifacts to SVN
> > > - [x] uploading binary release artifacts to Bintray
> > > - [ ] updating the Arrow website
> > > - [ ] updating website with new API documentation
> > > - [ ] announcing release
> > > - [x] python wheels
> > > - [x] python source distribution
> > > - [ ] conda packages
> > > - [x] homebrew packages
> > > - [ ] java maven artifacts (the staged artefacts is missing, so I need
> > > to re-stage)
> > > - [x] ruby gems
> > > - [x] javascript npm packages
> > > - [x] .NET nuget packages
> > > - [x] rust packages (should fix ARROW-6801 for the next release)

GitHub release for that

Note that it's only 101KB while

this issue, but this suggests
of wheel integrity check using

Kouhei <kou@clear-code.com> wrote:

> [...]
GNU/Linux sid:

20190909

usual.

it depends on the latest

0.15.1 - RC0" on Fri, 25 Oct 2019 20:43:07 +0200,

following release candidate (RC0) of Apache
is a patch release consisting of 36 resolved

based on commit:

hosted at [3].
hosted at [4][5][6][7].
at [8].

and signatures, run the unit tests,
See [9] for how to validate a release candidate.

at least 72 hours.

Arrow 0.15.1
as Apache Arrow 0.15.1 because...