arrow-dev mailing list archives

From Krisztián Szűcs <szucs.kriszt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Arrow 0.15.1 - RC0
Date Fri, 01 Nov 2019 21:33:58 GMT
Status of the post release tasks:

- [x] marking the released version as "RELEASED" on JIRA
- [x] uploading source release artifacts to SVN
- [x] uploading binary release artifacts to Bintray
- [x] updating the Arrow website
- [ ] updating website with new API documentation
- [x] announcing release
- [x] python wheels
- [x] python source distribution
- [ ] conda packages
- [x] homebrew packages
- [x] java maven artifacts
- [x] ruby gems
- [x] javascript npm packages
- [x] .NET nuget packages

I had trouble with re-staging the maven artifacts. The re-staging
got a bit more complicated because of the Gandiva and ORC
JNI, so I've used the following commands:

# build the jni bindings similarly like the 01-perform.sh does
mkdir -p cpp/java-build
pushd cpp/java-build
cmake \
  -DARROW_GANDIVA=ON \
  -DARROW_GANDIVA_JAVA=ON \
  -DARROW_JNI=ON \
  -DARROW_ORC=ON \
  -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=release \
  -G Ninja \
  ..
ninja
popd
# go in the java subfolder
pushd java
# stage the artifacts using both the apache-release and arrow-jni profiles
mvn -Papache-release,arrow-jni -Darrow.cpp.build.dir=$(realpath
../cpp/java-build) deploy
popd

The staging, verification then the release went fine and the 0.15.1
release is available under the apache repository repository.apache.org
My issue that seemingly the version doesn't propagate to the maven
central.
Could someone more experienced with maven verify that the release
is available as expected?

Thanks, Krisztian

On Fri, Nov 1, 2019 at 9:23 PM Krisztián Szűcs
<szucs.krisztian@gmail.com> wrote:

> Status of the post release tasks:
>
> - [x] marking the released version as "RELEASED" on JIRA
> - [x] uploading source release artifacts to SVN
> - [x] uploading binary release artifacts to Bintray
> - [ ] updating the Arrow website
> - [ ] updating website with new API documentation
> - [ ] announcing release
> - [x] python wheels
> - [x] python source distribution
> - [ ] conda packages
> - [x] homebrew packages
> - [ ] java maven artifacts (the staged artefacts is missing, so I need
> to re-stage)
> - [x] ruby gems
> - [x] javascript npm packages
> - [x] .NET nuget packages
> - [x] rust packages (should fix ARROW-6801 for the next release)
> - [ ] R packages
>
> On Fri, Nov 1, 2019 at 5:21 PM Wes McKinney <wesmckinn@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > I'll update the Sphinx documentation
> >
> > On Fri, Nov 1, 2019 at 10:41 AM Krisztián Szűcs
> > <szucs.krisztian@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Post release tasks:
> > >
> > > - [x] marking the released version as "RELEASED" on JIRA
> > > - [x] uploading source release artifacts to SVN
> > > - [-] uploading binary release artifacts to Bintray (in-progress)
> > > - [ ] updating the Arrow website
> > > - [ ] updating website with new API documentation
> > > - [ ] announcing release
> > > - [x] python wheels
> > > - [x] python source distribution
> > > - [ ] conda packages
> > > - [x] homebrew packages
> > > - [ ] java maven artifacts (the staged artefacts is missing, so I need
> > > to re-stage)
> > > - [ ] ruby gems
> > > - [x] javascript npm packages
> > > - [ ] .NET nuget packages
> > > - [x] rust packages (should fix ARROW-6801 for the next release)
> > > - [ ] R packages

RC0" on Fri, 25 Oct 2019 20:43:07 +0200,

release candidate (RC0) of Apache
release consisting of 36 resolved

commit:

[3].