arrow-dev mailing list archives

From Antoine Pitrou <anto...@python.org>
Subject Re: Benchmarking mailing list thread [was Fwd: [Discuss] Benchmarking infrastructure]
Date Wed, 24 Apr 2019 09:20:43 GMT

Hi Areg,

Le 23/04/2019 à 23:43, Melik-Adamyan, Areg a écrit :
> Because we are using Google Benchmark, which has specific format there is a tool called
becnhcmp which compares two runs:

> $ benchcmp old.txt new.txt
> benchmark           old ns/op     new ns/op     delta
> BenchmarkConcat     523           68.6          -86.88%
>
> So the comparison part is done and there is no need to create infra for that.

The goal here is to have a cross-language benchmarking infrastructure so
that we can track performance, not only of C++ features, but also Python
(and later perhaps Java, etc.).

Additionally, being able to write benchmarks in Python may let us test
more sophisticated scenarious easily, and so ultimately track C++
performance better as well (as the Python bindings call into the C++ libs).

Regards

Antoine.