arrow-dev mailing list archives

From paddy horan <paddyho...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: [Rust] [DataFusion] Preferences on futures / threading crates?
Date Mon, 04 Mar 2019 12:23:22 GMT
No opposition here.

________________________________
From: Andy Grove <andygrove73@gmail.com>
Sent: Sunday, March 3, 2019 11:55 PM
To: dev@arrow.apache.org
Subject: [Rust] [DataFusion] Preferences on futures / threading crates?

I have been working on a PoC of parallel query execution and it is working
well, and I am now starting to create PRs for the various refactors
necessary for this in DataFusion.

I haven't been following the async/await and futures/tokio developments
lately but for the PoC I used tokio-threadpool which seems simple to use.

I just wanted to give everyone a chance to give their thoughts on this
before I get too far with my batch of PRs. Is anyone opposed to using
tokio-threadpool?

Thanks,

Andy.