arrow-dev mailing list archives

From Maxim Novikov <mnovikov.w...@gmail.com>
Subject Arrow Flight RPC usage
Date Fri, 15 Mar 2019 12:00:48 GMT
Hello,
I am evaluating Arrow RPC for usage with multidimensional Tensors.
In my case, mostly 2D/3D images with multiple channels.

Let's say I want to develop a service that applies a gaussian blur on a 2D
image.
>From my understanding expected workflow is the following:
1. DoPut $key, image data
2. DoAction (blur $key)
2.1. Get image data from $key
2.2. Apply blur
2.3. Encode Tensor to result
3. Recv result on the client
4. Decode result
Is it correct approach or am I misinterpreting the purpose of this
API/endpoints?

I didn't find any documentation except for a couple of slides and
Flight.proto definition. I understand that docs are planned in the future,
but maybe there is an issue/pull-request from which I can get more
information about design decisions and expected use cases?
--
Maksim Novikov, *Developer*
*EMBL*