arrow-dev mailing list archives

From Wes McKinney <wesmck...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: java/format: Windows build fails due to no flatc binary available
Date Sat, 02 Mar 2019 21:21:56 GMT
I would be sort of inclined to expect Java users to have flatc
installed on their system rather than try to maintain an automatic
download. This project is intended for intermediate to advanced
developers; to require a system-level package be installed in addition
to the JDK does not seem unreasonable.

If there turns out to be a dependable, maintained (preferably not by
the Arrow community) Maven artifact, then we could use this, but there
does not seem to be one right now.