arrow-dev mailing list archives

From Andy Grove <andygrov...@gmail.com>
Subject [Rust] Table/DataFrame style API
Date Thu, 14 Mar 2019 23:00:25 GMT
Hi,

I have a PR open [1] to add a DataFrame/Table style API for building a
logical query plan. So far I only added a couple methods to it, but here is
a usage example:

let t = ctx.table("aggregate_test_100")?;

let t2 = t
  .select_columns(vec!["c1", "c2", "c11"])?
  .limit(10)?;

This builds the same logical plan as "SELECT c1, c2, c11 FROM
aggregate_test_100 LIMIT 10".

Adding more methods is mostly trivial but I wanted to get this initial PR
merged first so that I can add new methods as small separate PRs.

I'd appreciate some reviews if anyone has the bandwidth.

Thanks,

Andy.

[1] https://github.com/apache/arrow/pull/3671