arrow-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Krisztián Szűcs <szucs.kriszt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Timeline for 0.13 Arrow release
Date Thu, 14 Mar 2019 15:24:43 GMT
Submitted the packaging builds:
https://github.com/kszucs/crossbow/branches/all?utf8=%E2%9C%93&query=build-452

On Thu, Mar 14, 2019 at 4:19 PM Wes McKinney <wesmckinn@gmail.com> wrote:

> The CMake refactor is merged! Kudos to Uwe for 3+ weeks of hard labor on
> this.
>
> We should run all the packaging tasks and get a full accounting of
> what is broken so we aren't surprised during the release process
>
> On Wed, Mar 13, 2019 at 9:39 AM Krisztián Szűcs
> <szucs.krisztian@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > The proof of the pudding is in the eating. You convinced me.
> >
> > On Wed, Mar 13, 2019 at 3:31 PM Wes McKinney <wesmckinn@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > > Krisztian -- are you all right with proceeding with merging the CMake
> > > refactor? I'm pretty committed to helping fix the problems that come
> > > up. Since most consumers of the project don't test until _after_ a
> > > release, we won't find out about some problems until we merge it and
> > > release it. Thus, IMHO it doesn't make sense to wait another 8-10
> > > weeks since we'd be delaying feedback for that long. There are also a
> > > number of follow-on issues blocking on the refactor
> > >
> > > On Tue, Mar 12, 2019 at 11:39 AM Andy Grove <andygrove73@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > > >
> > > > I've cleaned up my issues for Rust, moving most of them to 0.14.0.
> > > >
> > > > I have two PRs in progress that I would appreciate reviews on:
> > > >
> > > > https://github.com/apache/arrow/pull/3671 - [Rust] Table API (a.k.a
> > > > DataFrame)
> > > >
> > > > https://github.com/apache/arrow/pull/3851 - [Rust] Parquet data
> source
> > > in
> > > > DataFusion
> > > >
> > > > Once these are merged I have some small follow up PRs for 0.13.0
> that I
> > > can
> > > > get done this week.
> > > >
> > > > Thanks,
> > > >
> > > > Andy.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > On Tue, Mar 12, 2019 at 8:21 AM Wes McKinney <wesmckinn@gmail.com>
> > > wrote:
> > > >
> > > > > hi folks,
> > > > >
> > > > > I think we are on track to be able to release toward the end of
> this
> > > > > month. My proposed timeline:
> > > > >
> > > > > * This week (March 11-15): feature/improvement push mostly
> > > > > * Next week (March 18-22): shift to bug fixes, stabilization, empty
> > > > > backlog of feature/improvement JIRAs
> > > > > * Week of March 25: propose release candidate
> > > > >
> > > > > Does this seem reasonable? This puts us at about 9-10 weeks from
> 0.12.
> > > > >
> > > > > We need an RM for 0.13, any PMCs want to volunteer?
> > > > >
> > > > > Take a look at our release page:
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > >
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=103091219
> > > > >
> > > > > Out of the open or in-progress issues, we have:
> > > > >
> > > > > * C#: 3 issues
> > > > > * C++ (all components): 51 issues
> > > > > * Java: 3 issues
> > > > > * Python: 38 issues
> > > > > * Rust (all components): 33 issues
> > > > >
> > > > > Please help curating the backlogs for each component. There's a
> > > > > smattering of issues in other categories. There are also 10 open
> > > > > issues with No Component (and 20 resolved issues), those need their
> > > > > metadata fixed.
> > > > >
> > > > > Thanks,
> > > > > Wes
> > > > >
> > > > > On Wed, Feb 27, 2019 at 1:49 PM Wes McKinney <wesmckinn@gmail.com>
> > > wrote:
> > > > > >
> > > > > > The timeline for the 0.13 release is drawing closer. I would
say
> we
> > > > > > should consider a release candidate either the week of March
18
> or
> > > > > > March 25, which gives us ~3 weeks to close out backlog items.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > There are around 220 issues open or in-progress in
> > > > > >
> > > > > >
> > > https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ARROW/Arrow+0.13.0+Release
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Please have a look. If issues are not assigned to someone as
the
> next
> > > > > > couple of weeks pass by I'll begin moving at least C++ and Python
> > > > > > issues to 0.14 that don't seem like they're going to get done
for
> > > > > > 0.13. If development stakeholders for C#, Java, Rust, Ruby,
and
> other
> > > > > > components can review and curate the issues that would be
> helpful.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > You can help keep the JIRA issues tidy by making sure to add
Fix
> > > > > > Version to issues and to make sure to add a Component so that
> issues
> > > > > > are properly categorized in the release notes.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Thanks
> > > > > > Wes
> > > > > >
> > > > > > On Sat, Feb 9, 2019 at 10:39 AM Wes McKinney <
> wesmckinn@gmail.com>
> > > > > wrote:
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > See
> > > > >
> > >
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ARROW/Release+Management+Guide
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > The source release step is one of the places where problems
> occur.
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > On Sat, Feb 9, 2019, 10:33 AM <aneesh@quiltdata.io wrote:
> > > > > > >>
> > > > > > >>
> > > > > > >> > On Feb 8, 2019, at 9:19 AM, Uwe L. Korn <mail@uwekorn.com>
> > > wrote:
> > > > > > >> >
> > > > > > >> > We could dockerize some of the release steps to
ensure that
> they
> > > > > run in the same environment.
> > > > > > >>
> > > > > > >> I may be able to help with said Dockerization. If not
for this
> > > > > release, then for the next. Are there docs on which systems we
> wish to
> > > > > target and/or any build steps beyond the current dev container (
> > > > > https://github.com/apache/arrow/tree/master/dev/container)?
> > > > >
> > >
>

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message