arrow-dev mailing list archives

From Antoine Pitrou <solip...@pitrou.net>
Subject Re: URI library for C++
Date Mon, 18 Mar 2019 11:56:40 GMT

Hi Uwe,

I am working on integrating uriparser into Arrow and I am using the
CMake support indeed:
https://github.com/apache/arrow/compare/master...pitrou:ARROW-4697-cpp-uri-parsing

Regards

Antoine.

On Mon, 18 Mar 2019 05:58:26 -0400
"Uwe L. Korn" <uwelk@xhochy.com> wrote:

> I have looked into packaging uriparser for conda-forge  to have it available in our build
system and it feels to me that we rather should wait for their next release where they switch
the build system over to CMake. This will make packaging in conda and the ExternalProject
much easier. Not sure if anyone has already engaged with them but that would save us a bit
of work.

> Uwe
>
> On Wed, Feb 27, 2019, at 5:38 PM, Francois Saint-Jacques wrote:
> > I agree that vendoring curl is crazyness, my main point is that curl now
> > has a url api. If we can find a way to avoid pulling another dependency.
> >
> > On Wed, Feb 27, 2019 at 11:30 AM Antoine Pitrou <solipsis@pitrou.net> wrote:
> >

> > > Vendoring curl sounds a bit crazy IMHO.  We'll end up having to vendor a
> > > TLS library and who knows what else...
> > >
> > > Regards
> > >
> > > Antoine.

So we